Monday, February 22, 2010

We Are What You Made Us

http://www.t2f.biz/category/events/


Join us at Faraar for an exhibition of paintings by Zeerak Ahmed, Shoaib Rizvi and Abdullah Khan

Opening Date: Thursday, 25th Feb 2010 | 6:00 pm

wearewhatyoumadeussmall.jpg“Carving our perspectives, etching the skeleton of our subconscious, we are what you made us. As a triad of aspiring artists, we each examine our experiences within the labyrinth as it shapes our outlook of the world”.

Zeerak Ahmed
Growing up with artists in the family, I’ve always been passionate about the subject. After successful art grades throughout my O-Levels and A-Levels at the Karachi Grammar School, I decided to take it up as my major at Hiram College (USA), where I am pursuing an undergraduate degree in Studio Art and a minor in Music.

Shoaib Rizvi
I grew up in Karachi and studied at Karachi Grammar School. Being born into a family of doctors sparked my early interest in science. However, receiving classical sitar training and voice training from a very young age, resulted in my interest in music, and eventually painting. I graduated from Karachi Grammar School in 2009 having studied both art and the sciences. I will be attending Imperial College in London to read medicine in October 2010.

Abdullah Khan
I am a nineteen year old freshman at Ringling College of Art and Design in Florida, where I am working towards my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration. After completing my O-Levels from Karachi Grammar School, I moved to a boarding school in Switzerland, where I was exposed to a multitude of cultures. Piling up experiences left me curious and wanting to indulge, document and keep creating. My biggest influences are the world I am a part of and the people in it. I love loud music and the wind blowing in my face.

The exhibition will continue until Sunday, 7th March 2010

Opening Date: Thursday, 25th February, 2010
Time: 6:00 pm
Venue: PeaceNiche | T2F | Faraar
Address | Map

2 comments:

  1. I saw your work at the exhibition and have written a post. Please read.my blog is Mehernewspappar.keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much- i actually found your blog last night and posted your review of the show on my blog too- hope you don't mind!


    thank you again. : )

    ReplyDelete